Monday, 25 February 2013

Drawings

I always doodled as a child, I endlessly copied images (for some unknown reason my muse was that cartoon cat, Garfield) Anyway, that continued until my teens and then trailed off, mostly because at school the topics were uninspiring but it was also because I always felt that that my work wasn't any good unless I captured something photo-realistically. I never really understood the idea of stylised work and so feeling despondent about my drawing skills and not wanting to give it up on art altogether, I headed off into the direction of 3D  and subsequently jewellery metal work.

Now, we were meant to draw during my degree, but I didn't, I avoided it and it is only now, some five years later that I am picking up a pencil again. I thought I would share some of my recent drawings with you.

I'm never going to manage photo-realism--I'm to impatient to do all that shading, but i'm pretty happy with these little guys.

This is Fred 

Fred's girlfriend, Audrey.

Fred's second cousin, Clive.

No comments:

Post a Comment